Recital Training, vol. 2
Edition Peters (EP 11292)
Volume 2 is suitable for students in Suzuki Book 5.
The series RECITAL TRAINING consists of three repertoire volumes, each accompanied by two CDs. This collection will be useful as a supplement for Suzuki students and teachers (Books 4-6) and for students and teachers using other methods.
- This collection of progressive violin literature is currently the only one world-wide using the “Three-Tempo-Practice-Method.”
- The repertoire ranges from Baroque solo concertos to foot-stomping fiddle pieces and includes pieces for one, two and three violins, predominantly with piano accompaniment. All of the pieces found in books 4-6 of the Suzuki Violin School are included in these volumes.
- Preparatory exercises and supplemental practice tips are included with most of the pieces.
- Numerous photographs with technical details will help clarify any theoretical explanations.
- The CDs include the performance pieces with and without the violin part, as well as many of the most important preparatory exercises. Imaginative and lively piano accompaniments, composed specifically for these CDs by David Andruss, make such technical work both fun and inspirational.
CD 2A & 2B
Gavotte I and II from Cello Suite No. 6 in D Major, BWV 1012, Johann Sebastian Bach
In slow practice tempo and performance tempo