German Suzuki Association
Place of Association: Sankt Augustin
Dr Ingrid Schlenk
Pianist and Pediatrician
During the Teachers Workshop,
25th til 28th/11/2011 in the Akademy Remscheid
Deputy Chairperson Kerstin Wartberg,
Director of the
German Suzuki Teacher Training Institute
The German Suzuki Association
is at present the only Suzuki institution world-wide concerned, in addition to
Suzuki Teacher Training,
with the development of
new teaching materials.
The German Suzuki Association (Deutsche Suzuki Gesellschaft = DSG) is an association of instrumental and general education teachers, educators, parents and other persons working for the targeted support of children, adolescents and adults in the fields of art, especially in the field of music according to the method of Professor Dr. h.c. Shinichi Suzuki.
The DSG operates and promotes the Suzuki music schools and the German Suzuki Institute (Deutsches Suzuki Institut = DSI).
Founded in 1983, the German Suzuki Institute (DSI) was renamed in 1988 as a registered association under the name of the German Suzuki Association (DSG). The DSG is recognized as a charitable organization by the fiscal authorities of Sankt Augustin. The name of the German Suzuki Institute remained as a component of the German Suzuki Association.
The tasks of the DSG are among others to:
• promote the Suzuki pedagogy in Germany
• support the club members
• publish information materials such as teacher lists, event schedules, etc.
• organize the Suzuki Teacher Training Courses
• carry out and promote the DSI under independent artistic and educational direction
The tasks of the DSI among others are:
• content planning and implementation of teacher training in the Suzuki method
• research work in the field of music education
• development of new teaching materials
• to foster international exchange of experience between teachers
• to ensure quality standards and promotion of the German Suzuki Association’s purpose